Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fabric Rose Lampshade


I just love my rooster lamp, I found it awhile ago at one of my local thrift stores, you can see the post here. Recently I found a nice lampshade for it, again at a thrift store, kind of burlap. It looks much better than the old one I had.


I thought I would dress it up a bit with fabric roses, here's how:

First, I measured the diameter of my lampshade. Then, because I wanted my flowers to be about 3 inches wide, I divided the diameter by 3. That gave me about 13 flowers. I used an old  cream sheet I had and tore it into strips. Tearing it gives it a more shabby look.


Then I made 13 flowers. You can see how to make them here. Make sure you have extra fabric just in case you need to make more flowers.


Then, because I wanted to be able to remove the flowers if I wanted to change it, I  made a circle out of wide elastic. Make sure it fits the lampshade.


Then, just start hot gluing the flowers to the elastic while it's on the lamp.


Go all the way around and you're done. Wasn't that easy? 
I love the way it turned out and it's removeable





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin