Monday, July 2, 2018

Vintage Kitchen Accents

I really want a new kitchen but because that isn't in the budget right now I just decided to change some simple things. Let me show you...


It all started with this half wall that I wanted to change the color of. I already had red in my dining room so I chose that color . I added a fabric border with doilies and ribbon...


This fabric I found for the stools is a bit modern for my taste but it had all the right colors and flowers too so it will have to do for now. I did a ruffled skirt around the stools, with button trim...





I love the yellow I chose for the chair, I used it in the curtains also. Very sweet...



The chandelier I found at a rummage sale for $2.00, what a steal, a little paint and added crystals and it's perfect...


The red check fabric I added behind a shelf above the stove. This is one of my favorites...



A lot of items I already had, just had to pull them out, dust them, and rearrange them. This is above the refrigerator...


and above the cabinets...





My vintage hoosier cabinet got  rearranged...



I especially love the way the top turned out. The large rooster I found at an estate sale for $3.00. It was actually a lamp but I couldn't use the lamp so I took it apart...


Some of the fun is just finding items at yard sales and thrift stores that work perfectly... like this metal tray...


or these daisy dishes...


and fresh daisies from the garden...


Love the crocheted pot holders, someone put a lot of love into them...


I have a basket full of vintage linens and an extra chair serves as a display rack...





the dining room is full of vintage finds and things that make me smile...




my hutch is very full...


vintage aprons hang on the side...




Well, I know the trend right now is farmhouse with mostly whites and neutrals but I love color, so fill your house with the things that make you happy and make you smile when you see them - I do❣


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin