Thursday, September 19, 2019

Yellow Gingham Guestroom

What else can brighten up a room than new paint and yellow gingham! I love gingham, something about it makes me feel cottage cozy and at home. I recently fixed up a guest room and it looks like a million bucks but far from it , this room was done for hardly anything and I love the way it turned out.

I knew I wanted yellow gingham curtains so that's where I started. I was going to make the curtains but I found these from Sears for only $16. The back wall I painted yellow and the other walls white. I better water my plant it looks a bit droopy.


A bit of sparkle from this beautiful chandelier from facebook marketplace for only $20. Handmade pillows from fabric I already had and lamps & nightstand from Goodwill for $2.


I painted the nightstand. I have so much fun searching for items at the thrift store that I can use or fix up. The lampshade came separate but it is so cute and still was only $2. I added some silver with the kleenix box and always have to have plants in a room.



Some Goodwills also sell new goods such as this wall sign that was the perfect size for the space.




More plants on the other side and a cute, little silver clock - $4 Goodwill


 Antique dresser we already had. Some more fun accessories from thrift stores that I had and finally got to use. Sometimes I buy things for future use.


 Love the reflection in the mirror....


I always put a tray at the end of a bed full of goodies - tea pot and cup, candy , candle and a plant...



So if you are ever in town and want to come visit you'll have a beautiful place to stay.









2 comments:

  1. Looks great Chris. I specially love the chandelier. I'm partial to those. The sign is a great touch with a wonderful sentiment. All in all a very sweet and cheerful place worthy of a magazine spread. Now I await the photo's of the office space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you must be a friend to know about the office?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin