Sunday, January 1, 2023

Black and White Bedroom



 I was going to wait until my youngest son moved out to fix up his bedroom, which was shared by all my boys through the years and was just a hodgepodge of decor , but because I was moving beds for upcoming holiday visits, I thought it would be a good time to paint while I was moving things anyway. I should have taken more before pictures but I didn’t think of it until I started moving things. 



My son taped all these bible verses to the wall. Don’t know what tape he used but it was a bear to get off!



Years ago I painted this tree for my middle son because he loved Lord of the Rings and it gave him a place to hang his sword.  He has since married and moved away so I think he won’t mind it going.



The whole color scheme for the room was based on these beautiful black and white buffalo check curtains from the Country Store that I found at a yard sale for $10! I was saving them for some day.

I had all summer to work on this but I didn’t think about it until right before the holidays , so it was a bit of a rush. That always happens to me - when I’m bored I can’t think of something to do but when I’m busy I think of things.

I had to paint the whole room including ceilings. I decided to paint the back wall black as an accent.

I found these yellow/mustard colored pillows at Big Lots, which I loved, so I chose that as my accent color. I didn’t want it all just black and white. 

The fun part is after all the painting is done to find coordinating accessories to go in the room. I found this beautiful eyelet vintage bedspread at a thrift store. 

I wanted to keep a lot of family photos in the room so I printed a bunch off in black and white. This chalkboard I already had.



I found these hanging wall containers at Goodwill so I painted them and added flowers I already had.


I put one on each side of the window.


I found this chair for cheap on Facebook Marketplace and a new pillow from Goodwill… 



Shelf and clock from Facebook Marketplace. I still need to paint the bookcase black but I think it can wait.



I ordered a couple inexpensive shelves 
from Target and Walmart . Most of the accessories I took from other parts of the house.




I was going to buy a new ceiling fan but couldn’t find the style I liked at a reasonable price so I painted the fan and blades and ordered new lights and wire covers from Amazon.




I still have a dresser to paint and a few things to do before it’s complete but I love the way it looks and my son doesn’t care (whew) what it looks like. Although he did say it looks nice. What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin