Monday, July 5, 2010

Patio set redo...

Well it's been awhile since I've blogged. I have been so busy with the boys' school ending and baseball games and gardening and yard sale, etc. You get the picture.  Well I was able to get one of my summer projects done. I have been wanting to replace my patio set ever since I bought a new set of outdoor furniture last year. The old  set just looked horrible, here's a before pic...
The set functioned fine but I didn't like the look. So I went out shopping around for new sets and WOW! the price they want was way too high for me - $300-$500.  So I decided to fix up the old set. First,it needed a good cleaning . Then, a sanding and priming. I really took my time with the prep work because I don't want it peeling off!  I used Krylon for plastic on the slats, which are more like rubber, and I used rustoleum on the rest.  Then to my favorite fabric store - JoAnn's. I found a  beautiful  print on sale. I bought an old black sheet for the back of the chairs. If you've never recovered your outdoor cushions, you should try it , it's sooo easy, like making a giant pillow case.. here's the before cushion...

really comfortable but not nice to look at.
And here's the after...

I love it!
Here's the whole set. I was so excited how good it turned out, and it only cost me about $35.00 for paint and fabric...

What do you think!
Thanks for the comments - I used Rustoleum Hammered over Rustoleum flat black.
There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin