Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin pick 'n...

Well, I almost forgot to share one of my most favorite family traditions! It started about 10 years ago. Since we live in an area where there are a lot of deer; and since we have a big hill in our back yard; we decided to not throw away our pumpkins after Halloween but to roll them down our hill for the deer to eat. Well that was just so much fun that we had to do it with more than one pumpkin...

And so it Began.....


I started going around the neighborhood and gathering up all the pumpkins people were throwing away. (This isn't new for me because I always love finding treasures in the trash!)
Well I don't pick up just one pumpkin...


and I don't just get two pumpkins...


but I get about 40 pumpkins!



It may sound crazy, but what fun we have! And don't forget I have 3 boys that are always game for wild and crazy fun. What we do is invite a few friends over. Start a fire. Get out the s'mores and hot dogs and of course apple cider. The boys stand at that top of the hill with one pumpkin each and then let 'em roll! The pumpkins go flying down the hill, crashing into trees and bouncing around. We try to see whose pumpkin will go the farthest. It's so much fun! This weekend is going to be in the 60's, perfect weather. I'll take lots of pics and share them with you next time.
Until then....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin