Saturday, March 29, 2014

Emellished Giant Clothespin

I was at the Goodwill store the other day and found this giant clothespin for $1.00, so I just had to buy it! ( It's funny that you don't realize what you need until you see it - of course that's the fun of shopping at thrift stores. But be careful hoarding could become an issue! ). I did think of a friend that hosts card parties and she always has her cards displayed on clothespins just smaller ones - so I  think this would be a nice gift for her. I looked at Michael's to see if they sold them but they didn't. I did find a place on-line. Just google giant clothespin and some sites will come up.

Here's how I embellished it...



First I painted the edges and inside green.  I didn't need to paint the whole thing because I was covering most of it with paper.
Then I measured and cut paper to fit. I found this gorgeous pack of paper at JoAnn's with a garden theme and I just LOVE anything with flowers so it was perfect.  I had this peel and stick from years ago which I needed to use up - it is double sided and sticks to anything, you also could have used modge podge or something similiar.
I like to ink all the edges of my paper. I think it gives it more depth and character. I also cut some flowers and leaves with my cricket,  made a bow with sheer green ribbon and cut a border with Martha Stewart's border punch.
Now it's time to assemble. Peel and stick made putting the paper on easy and I didn't have to wait to let it dry. I like to use my hot glue gun to glue on the flowers and ribbon.
I also made a tag using my new " Trust God" stamp set from Stampin Up.

I embellished both sides. It was very easy to do and I love the way it turned out.
 
I may have to keep this one for myself :)
 
 
 
I'm linking this post up - link-party-palooza-button
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin