Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crochet flowers & coasters

After I made those cute little headbands out of fabric, I thought I would also use up some of my yarn scraps. I've been seeing sweet flowers on different blogs made out of crochet so I thought I'd give it a try. I know how to crochet but I never made flowers before. What do you think?

I'm going to be attaching them to pins, and headbands and clips. They were so easy to make it got me in the mood to crochet again. I went around looking for some books for inspiration and I found these little booklets at the thrift store 5 /$1.00 ( what a deal! I love the thrift store!)

Inside one was a pattern for coasters which I thought would make a good gift for a friend that has a birthday coming up. I never worked with such a small hook and thread before but it was easier than I thought.
      I made a set of 4 and purcheased this cut glass dish to put them in.
                                            They fit perfectly!
                                        
                         Some ribbon and a tag and it's all ready to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin