Tuesday, December 4, 2018

New Christmas Bedroom

It had been such a long time since I updated my bedding and curtains. The curtains I had were still in fair condition but my comforter had seen better days. I decided that I was ready for a change. Unfortunately, I didn't take before pictures but trust me they needed to go. It's amazing how much dust accumulates throughout the years!
  I searched all the local stores but there was nothing I liked. Whatever I bought had to match a burgundy wing chair I have in the room. Thank goodness for online shopping! It took awhile and a lot of cleaning and paint touch ups but I LOVE the way it turned out and since it's the Christmas season I decided to add some Christmas to the bedroom, something I never did before.


I found the perfect burgundy curtains online - I love the gingham and they actually make the room feel larger.


I found this rooster at the local Goodwill store.


New pillows, comforters,and sheets makes everything feel luxurious. I added some garland around my headboard and footboard and a new Christmas pillow. I've had this vintage bed forever.



This is where I read and spend quiet time with the Lord. The chair dictated my color scheme.



 I have a thing for pitchers. Love finding them at thrift stores.


A simple little tree by the window.



Two little wreaths hang from the new curtain rods.


The pillow above is the one I started with then I made this one from a placemat from Kohl's. I just opened up the backing and stuffed it. I think I like it better.


I added a little tray with more accessories from the thrift store and it's done!





I love the way it turned out and firmly believe that your home should be something you enjoy - I definitely will enjoy it - I think it's now my favorite room in the house. What do you think?

                                                             
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful room Chris. You are definitely a detail person. It makes a difference. I would love to see the rest of your Christmas décor. Any plans on posting pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure I will post some soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin