Friday, September 11, 2020

Bathroom Redecorating

 What happens when you're stuck in the house for 2 weeks? You do some redecorating of course! My bathroom has been the same for over 20 years. It had dark green walls with pink accents, I know I should have taken a before picture. It was ok but I was ready for a change and being stuck in the house, self isolating for 2 weeks, I had the time. 

First I painted the walls white. Yes I painted over the wallpaper! Until I can find someone to hang some beadboard for me it will do. Of course the plain walls were driving me crazy and I needed to hide the wallpaper seams that you can see through the paint, so I stenciled a floral design .



Painting is the hard part but then comes decorating and it's so much fun. My inspiration came from fabric I used on my front porch. I love the colors and it actually goes better with the rest of my house.


With white (neutral) walls I can always change the accessories. But for now, I love the bright yellow and red. And something about geraniums makes me smile.


I made this wreath for the wall next to the sink...


It's a small bathroom but I love the way it turned out. You have to make the best out of what you have ...


Accents of red, yellow and white...


Red geraniums above the cabinet...



most of my accessories are from the thrift store or yard sales....




I had this sign from Hobby Lobby but it had a mint green frame so I just painted it red...


more flowers and bunnies are my favorite...

 
some hearts I made out of scrap fabric...


the back of the door...


I don't have a lock on my door so I improvised and made this hook out of 
a knob and chain . I added a crystal gem...



This red gingham is leftover fabric I had from my bedroom curtains. 
I just covered a piece of cardboard and tacked it up...



I ordered a red gingham curtains for the bathroom but until they arrive I made these
 white curtains out of a chenile bedspread...




floral soaps in a red strawberry dish...


I hope your bathroom makes you smile whenever you go in, I know mine does...








4 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin