Sunday, January 24, 2010

dessert stand / cheese dome...

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
 I saw this project on a couple other blogs and fell in love.
 I'd like to share my version with you.

You start with a cheese stand with a glass dome, and a candle stick holder.
I also used an extra circle of wood.


Glue the pieces together...


Sand and paint...


I cut a piece of paper to fit inside. I also cut a piece of plastic mylar to go on top of the paper. You could probably decoupage it on but I wanted to be able to change it....



I had this adorable white pom-pom trim...


I hot glued this all around the edges...

I love the way it turned out!


Imagine all the different colors and seasons you can decorate this for!
You can also use the stand without the cover for many things like: plants, pictures, candles,etc.

I'm going to start selling these; have to keep my eyes open for old cheese domes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie...
    This is so cute. I did one back at Halloween. I loved the way it turned out. I am going to redo it for Valentines also. I figure, just spray over the paint I have already.

    I love the little fringed balls that you added and the hearts are such a wonderful addition. So cute sweetie. Now what are you putting inside? I can't wait to see.

    Have a beautiful day and thanks for sharing. Job well done. So cute.

    Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for stopping by my blog. I am so glad you did. You're cheese dome project is adorable. I love the pom pom fringe. Very clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin