Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hallway - over the door swag...

Well I'm almost done in the hall entrance. Just a few more things to update. On the back of my door I have a lace panel, ( it's supposed to look like a window, I used to have a mirror behind it until my hubby wanted to install a peep hole) with a swag above it. Not too bad looking but I think it's outdated and definitely dusty...
Before...


I used some of those new (old) flowers and
some ivy and created a more romantic feel...

After...


I really like the way it turned out, what do you think?
Do you see the bells? I always have bells on my door so I can hear when someone comes in.
I'm also thinking of changing the color of my door? But what color? If I change the door I also have to change the trim. I was thinking maybe black, but that might be too dark. Any suggestions?

I also wanted to share a couple new things I added to my hutch and shelf. I know I said I wasn't going to buy more things at good will, but I couldn't resist this blue and white dish...

It looks great and repeats the blue and white color from the dishes on the hutch. And I found this little bird at Joann Fabrics for$1.50..


How sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin