Friday, June 27, 2014

Craft storage - dresser before / after

I have decided to start looking for old wooden dressers that I can use for my craft area/storage. The plastic ones I have are okay but they're not very pretty and the tops tend to sag and they can crack, like this one:


I recently went to a rummage sale at a local church and found this dresser for only $7.50! It's solid wood, in pretty good shape, and has lots of drawers for storage. SOLD!
 
 
The color is not what I wanted so it's time to paint.
First, since I was going to a lighter color (white), I put 2 coats of Kilz primer on.
Let it dry really well.
 
 
Then 2 coats of white paint, leftover from another project.
Let dry well.
 
 
I was going for the distressed look so I sanded the edges.
 
Then I applied a coat of stain. Wipe on then wipe off - depending how dark you want it.
Let it dry for a couple of days.
 
 

And it's finished:
 
 Before:                                                     

 
Now it's time to fill it with my craft supplies!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin