Friday, June 13, 2014

Tea-Time Banner

Not only do I have a collection of adorable tea pots - mostly found at yard sales and thrift stores

but I also have a collection of tea cups - way too many in fact

 

but there is something very comforting about a nice cup of tea in a beautiful piece of china and most of the cups I find are very charming. Once a month a few friends and I get together for a Tea Party. We bring out the fine china and set a formal table. We each bring our own tea cup and we have a wonderful luncheon together. Well I thought I might make a banner to hang over my tea cups.

First I cut out  diamond shapes in red and white and also the letters using my cricuit.

I punched out half circles in red check and glued them to the back of each diamond.


Then I added a few flowers and leaves and a couple of black butterflies...
I punched small holes in each diamond and weaved a green ribbon through each one...


 
I think it turned out adorable ...
 

I hung it on the top shelf of my cup rack. It was so easy to make. What do you think?

 
Time for a cup of tea!~

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin