The chair is really comfortable but ugly. I was going to do it in a white fabric but after looking at the fabric store I didn't want to spend that much for my first go at it, so I hit my favorite place for fabric - the thrift store. I found a double size sheet set in a lime green ( which for some reason the pictures look white, I think it's because of the flash). It only cost me $4.00 so if I messed up I wasn't out a lot.
I started by cutting the fabric for different sections. ( there's alot of video how to's on the web) and pinning it in place. My fabric was the same on both sides so it didn't matter but if you have a pattern you would pin it inside out. It takes a lot of pins but it's worth it.
smoothing and adding pleats where needed. I really didn't want it too tight - more of the loose, shabby look.
I didn't baste it but I would recommend it.When you pull it off to sew it things start moving around and some pins come loose. Sewing it was the hardest part, especially where three sections came togethter. After I sewed it, I put it back on. It fit okay. I few sections didn't come out quite as smooth as I would have liked but for a first time it's pretty good.
Next came the fun part. Adding some buttons and bows and a pleated skirt.
I glued a piece to the back( easier than sewing it)
Then I made some bows that I also glued on.
I just hot glued all the pieces on but I guess you could take the time to sew everything on ( too much work for me)
It's funny because the back of the chair is my favorite - It's soooo cute!
A pillow and a throw and it's done!...