Monday, December 14, 2020

Christmas Home Tour 2020 - Dining Room

 My dining room is full - full of joy and laughter and good time memories. This is where we gather to eat, play games, decorate gingerbread cookies, work on homework and make wishes on birthday cakes.

Though the table is full it only takes a minute to move everything off 
 to make room for a board game, lately Scythe or Catan...


 One of my favorite hutches to display Christmas items, including years of pictures with Santa..
I painted branches on paper and tacked it on the back of the shelf and made the pictures into ornaments to make them look like they're hanging from the branches...


Everything gets changed on the hutch for the holiday, I love the way it looks and everything is from yard sales or the thrift store, decorating doesn't have to cost a lot of money...


                  I find the cutest things thrifting...


                   vintage aprons are one of my favorites...


                  an extra chair in the corner holds vintage linens and snowmen...


           A faux fireplace, wish I had room for a real one....



The chandelier above the table gets adorned with greens, ribbon and ornaments...


More snowmen, something about them just makes me smile...


                     the window seat, which is usually a sleeping place for my dog  - Daisy, 
                                                       pillow is made from a placemat...
                                         



this pillow was a gift from my son and his wife, I just dressed it up with ribbon for Christmas...


                             every thing is touched by Christmas...


I hope your dining room is a place of joy and one that gets used in many ways, mine is


Next up the living room...

2 comments:

  1. Chris, everything looks so warm and cozy! I love your Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin