Saturday, December 12, 2020

Christmas Home Tour 2020 - Entryway

 

I take pictures every year so I know what I did the year before . Usually, I keep everything the same but sometimes I'll change something up - add new ribbon or change up a pillow or throw in something that I made. 

Let's go inside...

I have a small entryway that I'm very thankful for. It is where we can come in, take off our shoes, and hang up our coats.

Here's the bench I change for the seasons...


Last year I added this pillow I made. This year I made this snowman out of a white terry cloth towel. I love the way he turned out...



I hang a few ornaments and change the items on the shelf, I also change out the wall hangings although I'm trying to find something different for the walls. Searching thrift stores is so much fun...


A few things added here and there...





 I love  hutches, I think I have at least one in every room. I painted this one black last year. I always decorate it for the holidays but it is also practical storing scarves, hats and gloves...


Most items I have had for years, like these santas...



or these miniatures I found at a craft show years ago...


I have also had this charming tails ( which I collect ) nativity for years...



but there are a few new ( to me )things, like these vintage carolers I found at the thrift store and the tree cookie jar from a yard sale...


or this tree candle again from the thrift store and this Pioneer Woman pitcher from facebook marketplace....

I also do the railing to downstairs and put a wreath on the pantry door...


Decorating doesn't have to cost a lot of money, as you can see most things I get from thrift stores or yard sales, searching (shopping) is half the fun! It's also a time to clean, I move and dust everything before I put it up. This entry greets me and my guests when I enter and makes me happy. What do you see when you enter your house?   



Next up the kitchen....




1 comment:

  1. Chris, you are amazing! Lots of work, but wow! the outcome is amazing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin