Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Plaid Curtains

I've always admired the black and white plaid curtains that I've seen in the country magazines but never thought they would look right in my green living room. Well, at my recent visit to JoAnn fabrics I found a beautiful plaid that I just fell in love with! I thought I would buy enough to make my curtains ( super easy if you know how to sew) and just kind of drape them and if the color didn't look right I could always return it. Well, I think they turned out great!

Here's a picture of my curtains before...

They were the toppers that are kind of puffy,
not too bad but I've had them up for 15 years!

(I hate the way the colors in my pictures look -much better in real life)

So, I painted my rod black and made two side panels...

I think they make the room feel so much bigger, I love the way they turned out.
Unfortunately the plaid doesn't show up very well in the pictures.



What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Your curtains are gorgeous. I love them. I do agree that adding long panels always makes a room feel taller and bigger. They are just lovely. Beautiful room. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to know what others think.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin